Monday, January 30, 2012

The Place du Trocadéro

This afternoon I met my friend, Pounette, at the Place du Trocadéro for lunch.  I've ridden through this area, called Chaillot, on the bus, but this was the first time I walked around. The Place du Trocadéro is a popular spot for photography because of its stunning view of the Eiffel Tower.

 

It's the site that Napoleon chose to build an "extraordinary" palace for his son, but the construction was barely begun by the time of his downfall.  The present Palais de Chaillot was built for the World Fair of 1937.  It is quite extraordinary also.






Pounette and I had lunch at a lovely restaurant across the street.



I ordered salmon (always a safe bet in Paris) and I had the choice of salad, green beans, or frites.  Of course, I ordered the frites and they were the best I've ever had.  The salmon was good too.

When we're in the South of France Pounette speaks some English, but in Paris only French.  I was exhausted when I got home.

It's cold, and snow is predicted for later this week.

 I'm trying to get organized for my departure.

No comments:

Post a Comment