Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Last French Class

It's all about........"the last time"...........this week.

Yesterday was my last French class.  I thought it would be a little sad.  I have really enjoyed the class and the people I met there.  But what I was really dreading was that I knew I had to take the Play and Pac (portable crib) back to the gal that had loaned it to me for Charlotte. I've actually been dreading this day even before she brought it to me. 

When the crib was handed over I had Rick meet me outside the school so he could carry it home on the metro.  But I didn't have this luxury yesterday, and had to haul it back myself.  It's not that its so heavy (it is kind of heavy), but it's clumsy to carry.  And to get to the metro I had to descend four flights of steps.  And then to get out of the metro seventeen stops later I had to go up three flights of steps.  I planned on leaving early just in case it took me longer than usual to get to the train so I wasn't too worried about that, but what did concern me was whether the metro would be crowded or not.

People bring an assortment of things on the metro.....strollers, rolling shopping carts, plumbing tools, packages, and lots of suitcases, so it isn't unusual to get on with something like a Play and Pac.  Of course when I got to the train it was jammed. In fact I have never made that trip with the train being that crowded.  But what could I do...........I just pushed forward and stood squeezed amongst the crowd, hoping that a lot of my fellow travelers would get off at Republique, four stops away.  But they didn't, in fact more people tried to squeeze in.  Eventually the train car did clear out a bit and the Play and Pac and I had a little room, and I got it to the school.

After class a group of us went out to lunch (with the Play and Pac).  It was a nice end to what has been a nice experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment